Carbon Monoxide Detectors save LIVES..

It was recently reported that actress Anna Faris and her family in a rental house on North Lake Tahoe had a incident involving CO or carbon monoxide poisoning in the house.

A couple of the family was complaining about feeling sick, thinking it was altitude sickness, and went to local hospital only to be diagnosed with CO poisoning.

the local fire dept as dispatched and treated several on site with several other being transported to the hospital for treatment after finding the CO level in the house at 6 times or so time higher than safe levels.

There were apparently NO carbon monoxide detectors in the house as it was not required. The house was heated with either LP or Nat Gas and there may have been some gas logs that were not funcunitin properly which can cause CO to be created or a faulty heating system.

If you are have a home with either LP or nat gas to heat or fire gas logs please make sure you have a working CO detector and its checked regularly.

I would also encourage the use of a CO detector when traveling to unknown areas or unknown homes-rental units. Make it a part of your travel gear. you can get a battery operated unit, take the battery out, put in suitcase with battery so when you travel it there..

When you get to destination take it out, put in battery, give it a bit to get going and push the button to make sure it is working. Place in area near the bedrooms or table in main family area.. it can move around as the family retires to bedrooms.. just put on floor in hall way or if it have a plug plug in socket in hallway as well..

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.
  • Passing the Hat

    From


    Karen and Carl Newton

    To


    Sarah and Will Gilfillan

    Owning and operating Chimney Keepers for 27 years has been a very rewarding experience, and we have enjoyed the relationships we have built with our customers. We are now starting a new chapter and are selling the business to one of our Technicians. Though we will miss the many relationships and friendships we have built over the years, Karen and I are looking forward to traveling full time in our Airstream as we explore the nooks and crannies of North America.

    We would like to take this opportunity to introduce you to Will and Sarah Gilfillan, who will be taking over Chimney Keepers as of March 30, 2020. Rest assured, Will has been well trained (by Carl!) and is very competent, with nearly four years of experience in the gas log/fireplace/ chimney service industry and over ten years as a firefighter. Sarah, the Office Manager/wife is a fast learner, and will do wonders in assisting you with scheduling appointments and answering questions. It was important to us to find a good fit for our customers, and we feel confident that you will find Will and Sarah to be knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with.

    Thank you for your business over the years. It was my distinct pleasure to have been of service to you, and I wish you continued success and prosperity in the years to come.

    Sincerely, Karen and Carl Newton

  • Is Your Wood-burning or Gas-burning Fireplaces ready for Winter?

    Is your Fireplace or Gas Log unit ready to go? If not, or for a service, give us a call.

    During a power outage, a fireplace or gas log unit may be your only form of heat, so make sure they are working in top form. Give us a call to set up an appointment, 919-772-8110.

    PS: If you do NOT have a Carbon Monoxide detector and you have gas logs, GET ONE… NOW… We recommend the combination CO/Smoke, battery-powered, detectors found at Lowe’s, Home Depot, or most hardware stores.

    If yours are over 10 years old, replace them (there’s a date on back). If there is not a date of manufacture on the back, GET rid of it.

  • Interesting Info/Links

    • Want to find out more about vacation rentals? Timeshare Resorts.
    • Own Timeshare and exchange with RCI? You need to read this info. IT'S IMPORTANT TO LEARN MORE. Tug2.net