While in your home cleaning the chimney, or doing repairs, we take the utmost care. We treat your house like it was ours by keeping it clean. We use a large tarp and special vacuums, we are prepared for any situation. We have the tools to clean the dirtiest chimneys, and with our exclusive “No Mess Guarantee,” you are assured of a clean home.
Cleaning & Inspection Services
- Level 1 Inspections Only: $69 (For more info inspections levels click here.)
- To clean Brick/masonry chimney: $174 includes Level 1 inspection: (for inserts/woodstoves see pricing below).
- Clean Pre-fab fireplace (wood or vinyl siding on outside of chimney): $159 includes Level 1inspection.
- Wood-stoves and inserts cleaning starting at: $199 includes Level 1 inspection
We remove the stove/insert and clean chimney, reinstall and clean inside of woodstove insert.
- Wood Stove/Insert Removal and disposal: $100 to 150 (removal)+199 (cleaning)=$349 This includes: cleaning the chimney and removing the stove at same time. (we can leave the stove or take to recycling facility) let us know in advance.
- To remove and dispose of woodstove/insert: $199 and up for removal only of woodstove insert. We will remove and haul off to recycle.To remove woodstove/insert and leave onsite $189. no cleaning of chimney flue. We brush out debris behind the wood stove and off walls of firebox, reinstall damper blade and handle if avaliable. If new damper blade and handle are needed they start at $150.
- Video scan of the chimney starts at $199 (chimney may need to be cleaning, see price above)
How do you clean a chimney?
We clean most chimney from inside the home. Upon entering your home we are careful to find the best way for us to get equipment and personal in and out of your home. We need some space in front of the fireplace to spread out the 9 x 12 ft tarp that covers the carpet and hearth. “Special Stuff” on the mantel or walls above the fireplace is safe. If you want to remove items on the mantel please do. We set up all needed tools and our special chimney vacuum to aid in dust control. We wear coveralls, gloves and a respirator if needed to protect us from creosote dust and ash in the chimney. We assess the chimneys condition noting any problems and proceed with cleaning.
We start by removing the grates and any ash from the firebox. The walls and damper blade are brushed with a hand brush to remove any soot and creosote from this area.
We remove the damper blade and handle (if possible) to check for rust and missing parts. While cleaning the firebox area we are checking for cracks in brick and missing or severely eroded mortar joints.
On “Pre-fab” models fireplaces we are checking for cracks in the back and side refectory panels in the firebox. Some hairline cracks are acceptable and a part of normal operations, however we are looking for larger cracks and gaps that will allow fire to reach the metal box enclosure of the fireplace. This can cause damage to the firebox making it unsafe for use. These panels are replaceable so do not fear. We can most likely find and replace old damaged panel making your fireplace usable again.
On masonry chimneys we reach up inside the smoke chamber area with hand brush to clean the breast area and the sides where the larger brush misses.
Next, we insert a steel wire brush attached to a flexible fiberglass rod and clean the upper smoke chamber area. The brush is pushed up into the flue, working in a scrubbing motion with sections of fiberglass rods added until the brush exits the top of chimney.
The process is reversed, and the liner is check for cracks, gaps and missing joints using a spotlight. We clean off debris that has fallen onto smoke shelf, the damper blade, handle and cotter pin is put back in place and dust is swept out of firebox. We vacuum off the hearth, and remove all equipment and tarp from your house, complete the invoice, get payment for the amount due, thank you for the business, sprinkle some good luck around and look forward to the next customers dirty chimney. The whole process takes about 1 hour more or less depending on conditions and such.