We repair vent free and all gas logs sets. Have your vent free or gas logs set been running fine for awhile and are now starting to show signs of getting old? We can service your gas logs to help maintain their health.
As log sets get older, build-up of dust, dirt, soot, and debris occurs in burners, pilots and other parts of the system. Over time, the heat can break down the metals and cause the system to smoke, burn erratically, and cause sooting on the glass.
We have been servicing gas logs in the Raleigh, Cary, Garner, Clayton and surrounding areas for the since 2005.
We check and clean the pilot assembly, making sure the electrodes are clean and providing the proper connections to ensure a smooth and proper flame. Direct vent units with the glass fronts are removed and cleaned removing soot and dust that accumulates over time.
We vacuum the unit around the controls where dust, hair and other debris tend to collect during the course of several years. We check and, if possible, remove logs to clean off dust and debris that have accumulated from use.
We service direct vent units, vent-free and the standard vented gas logs found in a lot of older homes with masonry chimneys. They can be LP or Natural Gas fired units and may have fans or blowers.
Service for gas logs is $159 plus any parts/additional repairs needed, and includes:
- Checking the overall condition of unit
- Checking and cleaning the pilot for smooth and strong flame needed to ignite burner
- Cleaning gas control, gas valve and areas accessible to remove dust, spider webs etc.
- Removing and clean the glass front to remove soot and dust.
- Checking gasket around glass for proper seal
- Checking the wiring at wall switch, if needed
- Checking thermocouple and thermopile for proper operation and clean to remove any build-up that can occur
- Check for proper voltage from thermopile if needed
- Checking and cleaning the burner for proper operation
- Checking logs for proper placement and cleaning, if needed
- Checking draft hood exhaust cover on exterior of home
- Test operation of gas valve turning off and on several time in a row
We carry common pilots assemblies , thermocouple and thermopiles for both LP and Natural Gas systems and can get most replacement parts needed.
We can supply blowers for direct vent systems, if they are set up for them, at an average cost of about $284.
Give us a call to set this service up today. 919-772-8110